Silverdale Golf Club celebrated its centenary in 2006. The club was officially formed on 10th November 1906 and play began on 6th April 1907. The Challenge Cup was presented by Colonel Morley Saunders to mark the club's inauguration, and this Cup is still played for today. Ladies golf competitions began in September 1908. Except for the years of the First World War when competitions were suspended, competitions and monthly medals have continued to this day.
Like many in the area, the club was originally a 9 hole course, but whereas most local courses failed to survive the Great War, Silverdale prospered and grew. It became a 12 hole course in 1992 and in preparation for our centenary, in 2002 a further 6 holes were developed. Silverdale Golf Club officially became an 18 hole golf course on 7th July 2002.
The course is now a combination of rolling open parkland on the new section (with Myers Dyke presenting a challenge on 3 holes), and short steep limestone outcrops and mature trees on the original course. This makes Silverdale Golf Club one of the most exciting, attractive and scenic courses in the whole region and we guarantee you will never get bored.